Thursday, April 30, 2009

Random thoughts






Tomorrow marks the end of one week on super expensive Nutramigen formula and we really have not noticed a difference. There are some days when I swear Shane is better on it and then there are the other days... I really do not think the crying fits are food related, but we will see what the doctor says tomorrow. Yesterday was an awesome day and Shane was happy and easily calmed by placing him in his sling. The sling seems to be magical, though I have no idea why. Dan and I have tried to replicate the positioning of the sling with our arms and it does not work. He loves to be bunched up and hanging around our necks. The sling is great for hands free movement, but after a few hours, it gets tiring to have an 11 pound (I am guessing he is at least this weight) bowling ball, I mean baby, hanging from your neck. However, I will do anything to calm him down. This morning he woke up cranky and I am guessing that today will not be his finest. It figures, Dan is working with National Board candidates tonight and won't be home until 10 pm so Shane and I will be alone all day. I am planning on taking him out for a car ride to break up the day. I am getting a bit stir crazy as we have not had nice weather this week. I only take him out for walks when the weather is in the mid sixties or higher and that has not happened all week. I was taking him out for errands during the week (no crowds), but now I am a bit worried about Swine Flu and don't want to expose my little man to any unnecessary germs so a long car ride around the neighborhood sounds good. It doesn't hurt that the car puts Shane in a deep sleep. I think I will go for our drive right around his afternoon cranky time.
As usual I have taken many more pictures of Shane. I have been dressing him in all of his warm 0-3 month clothes even if they are huge on him because hopefully the weather will be too warm for fleece soon and I want him to wear everything at least once! However, I put him in a pair of fleece lined jeans yesterday and there is no way he could wear them! They are beyond huge on him so I snapped a picture and pulled them off. When I looked at the picture, I had to laugh. He looks like a hooligan (the nicest word I can think of to describe my little angels look)!!! No, really - he does! He has a tough guy look on his face and giant pants and his hand is positioned like he is holding up his pants - trust me, it is funny! I also took a picture of his cute little feet in doggy pj's because my little baby will not let me put him in puppy feet jammies forever (as the jeans picture made me realize) so I want to remember how sweet he looked in them! He also has started to grab things and seems to like his first puppy toy! Finally, I have included a naked picture because he is just so cute naked!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2