Saturday, April 18, 2009

Cubs Fan, Crib Man!!!






Yes, Grandpa Bob, that is a Cubs sleeper on Shane! Doesn't he look great in his Cubbie blue? Don't worry, he has White Sox clothing too, just none that will fit him now. We can thank Shane's friend Connor for this hand-me-down! I am partial to how he looks in blue and red though. I'm not sure he is a back and white kind of kid! Just kidding, in this house, we have learned to cheer on the teams from both sides of the city! That should be evident by the picture of Shane being cuddled by his daddy, a former Cub hater. In fact, Dan commented that he looked adorable in his Cubs PJ's! I love my hubby!!!!
In other HUGE news, Shane slept in his crib last night!!!! I was desperate, you see, he had been sleeping in his bassinet until Thursday night when he refused. This was particularly frustrating because Dan was working with National Board candidates on Thursday and did not get home until almost 10 PM. That meant that I had no break and more importantly, no nap. I was counting down the minutes until bed and when Shane refused to leave my arms, I cried. Yes, literally cried. He would only sleep on me. I was up until 4 AM when he finally went in his bassinet until 6 AM. He would not go back in after his 6 AM feeding and I was so tired on Friday. When Friday night came along I told Dan that I wanted us to try the crib. I fell asleep and made Dan promise to wake me after his 10 PM feed so we could try the crib. Dan thought I needed sleep so he stayed up with Shane and let him sleep on his chest. I woke up at midnight, found them on the couch, and went a bit nuts! I was angry that Shane was sleeping on Dan for two hours instead of in his crib or bassinet and that he did not wake me. Dan then placed Shane in the crib and I was sure he would wake right up. He didn't! He stayed asleep until almost 2 AM! Then I fed him until 2:30 and he went back in his crib until 6 AM! Yay, Shane!!!! The best news is that I was able to sleep in my own bed, not on the couch!!!!
The weather here has been wonderful the past few days and Shane and I were able to go on a walk with Thunder on Friday. I will need to get used to walking a dog and a baby! When Thunder pulled me, the stroller would go flying in that direction! We will work out a system soon. Today Dan and I took Shane and Thunder for a walk and that was really nice! We even stopped in the new CVS by our house an discovered that they had our formula on sale for a price cheaper than Target or Walmart! What luck!
Well, wish me luck that the crib success continues tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2