Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sleep? Who needs sleep?




Well our little guy continues to bring us non-stop joy! The non-stop being the key word in the sentence. One of us is with him 24 hours a day. OK, I did get him in he bassinet for an hour last night, but only once. He is really only happy in our arms. It has been OK for now since Dan was home for a week, but he goes back to work tomorrow and that leaves me here. Last night Dan was up with him from 9-1:30 while I slept and then I took over from 1:30-8:30 with a wonderful one hour nap in the middle. Anyone have any suggestions? I should clarify, Shane sleeps in the middle of the night, it is his parents that don't sleep because he will only sleep in our arms. Please don't tell me I am spoiling him because every book I read says that newborns can not be spoiled or manipulate their parents and that they only cry out of need. Well, I am open to suggestions so lets here them! Thankfully I will have some help during the day next week, so I can maybe nap a bit. Shane will get to see both sets of his grandparents on alternating days. I am sure they will not mind holding him non-stop at all so that should help!
In other news Dan and I took the final yesterday for our last class! We are done with all of the classes for our Master's Degree in Educational Leadership. Of course, we were both exhausted yesterday and this is a difficult class (Research) so who knows how we did on the final. It would be a shame to blow our perfect grade point average in the last class, but I am just thrilled to be done!
Here are some more pictures of the cutest little man EVER! Dan says the black and white close up that I took is blurry, but I still think it is precious! Even when he keeps us up all night, we just look at that face and we are in love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2