Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Shane is one week old!!!!!!!!



Happy 1st St Patrick's Day Shane! Happy 1 week birthday Shane!!!! Daddy just said that you are his pot of gold! That is so true!!!
I am happy to report that Shane was born at 7:56 AM one week ago this morning! He weighed in at 7 pounds and 4 ounces and was 19 inches long! As you can see by his beautiful photo, he is absolutely perfect! Dan and I could not be happier to have our little boy here and healthy! The OB who assisted my Doctor (Dr. Kagen) said it was the most emotional delivery that she had ever been in! That is the truth! There was not a dry eye in the place! We know that Shane's big sister Madeleine was looking down from heaven to make sure her little brother got here safe! Shane's birth makes us extra thankful for Madeleine. Without her, Shane would not be here and we can't imagine life without him!
Shane was greeted at the hospital by both sets of his grandparents! Grandma Greenfield made him a beautiful blanket, hat, and booties that we love! Grandpa Shneider could not get over his luck - finally a boy in the family! Both Daddy and Grandpa Shneider are hoping that Shane learns how to throw left handed! Mommy just hopes he becomes a good democrat! In the afternoon, Shane's Aunt Jorie and Jason came to visit.  Thanks to Jason, you are reading this blog! He set up the adorable template and added that precious photo to the top! Aunt Jorie immediately promised to spoil Shane rotten!  We got home from the hospital to find an activity center from Aunt Jorie so she is making good on her promise! In the evening, he met his Aunt Geri, Uncle John, and cousin Colleen! They have already decided to spoil him rotten and he was able to go home with some more new clothes from his adoring aunt, uncle, and cousin! I think Aunt Geri may be responsible for half of his clothing collection! Shane already has way more clothing than his mommy and he is probably close to having as much as his daddy! Shane is looking forward to meeting his Uncle Bob and Aunt Jeanne who came over before his birth to drop off all kinds of goodies! We are so thankful to Aunt Jeanne for all of the emergency formula which it looks like we will be needing to use... More on that later! However, our favorite present from Aunt Jeanne and Uncle Bob was the car seat cover(s) which we love! They brought over two and we were supposed to choose one, but daddy couldn't decide so they left us with both! Daddy especially loves how easy it goes over the car seat and comments on it every time we leave the house! Shane has so many cousins still to meet, not to mention all his great aunts and uncles and his adopted aunts and uncles (mommy and daddy's friends!) So far he has met his aunt Kristine who came by with more presents for Shane! Thanks to aunt Kristine, Shane has a whole wardrobe of hand me down clothes and toys from his buddy Connor! Kristine has also spoiled Shane rotten with new clothing and toys! He is lucky to have her! If Shane hasn't met you yet, please stop by and meet the cutest baby EVER!
Other than looking adorable, we have discovered that Shane really is his dad's son, guess what his favorite song is? Yes, if you guessed it is by Bruce Springsteen, you would be correct! We made Shane a cd of songs that represented our feelings about his upcoming birth while I was pregnant. One song on the cd is "Living Proof" by Bruce. It is a song he wrote about the birth of his first son and the words are very powerful. As I would drive around and listen to the cd during my pregnancy, I noticed Shane moving around a lot whenever that song came on. I figured he either loved it or hated it! Well, the night he was born, the nurse brought him to me to feed in the middle of the night. I could not get him to latch on and realized the nurse had moved my call button. Since I had a c-section, I was hooked up to an IV, circulation boots, and a catheter - I could not move! I kept hoping the nurse would come in and check on me, but no one came and Shane became very restless! He was screaming and I felt helpless and desperate! So what did I do, I started to sing to him (poor baby!!!!) Anyway, as soon as I started singing "Living Proof" he quieted down. I had to sing for an hour before the nurse came! I have also been singing away at home, so has daddy! We make quite the music! Hopefully Shane gets some musical ability from some of you, because we have no talent!
Anyways, we will post some pictures of Shane on his first St. Patrick's Day later on! Please feel free to comment and sign up to follow this blog and then you will get a notice whenever I put up a new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2