Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Living Proof




Here are some more photos of Shane! I know, I keep posting them, but he is too darn cute! He truly is our living proof that miracles can happen. Shane's favorite song, "Living Proof" brings a tear to both of our eyes so I thought I would include some lyrics from it along with the pictures of our little guy! 
" Well now on a summer night in a dusky room come a little piece of the lord's undying light crying like he swallowed the fiery moon. In his mother's arms it was all the beauty I could take, like the missing words to some prayer that I could never make. In a world so hot and dirty so fouled and confused, Searching for a little bit of G-d's mercy, I found living proof.... It's been a long, long draught baby, now the rain is pouring down on our roof. Looking for a little bit of G-d's mercy, I found living proof." 
Shane is a total daddy's boy and Dan is so awesome with him! It amazes me that my hot-headed hubby is way more patient and tolerant of Shane than even I am. Dan loves to lay on the floor and the couch with his buddy and does not even complain about the lack of sleep. We have both waited so long for this little guy!
Shane went for his first walk yesterday and had some play time on his new quilt with his daddy and doggy brother Thunder! How beautiful is that quilt? It was handmade by a friend of ours, Gloria, who works with Dan! I am amazed at the generosity and love that so many people have sent Shane's way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

2