Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sitting up!

Yes, I know I said I would be a better blogger now that we were back into our routine, but life has been crazy. I have been doing some work from home for the National Board Certification program from our teacher's union, and though it will not wind up being ton of hours, it is concentrated work. All 80 candidates sent me their work on the same day - the 21st and I have been playing catch up ever since. Note to self, stagger due dates if you do this next year! As you know, Mr. Shane is not the world's greatest napper (apparently napper is not a real word because the blog spell check keeps underlining it. Hmmm... nothing else seems to fit. He is a good sleeper at night so that word does not work. I am leaving napper. Hopefully I do not offend any grammar geeks!) so getting work done has been a challenge. I happen to be one of those people who can not relax when there is work to do, so things like blogging have taken a back seat. I am back now, though!
I know no one reads this to learn about my life, so on to the main man (sorry Dan). Shane is SITTING up on his own and has been since the day I last blogged - the 17th. I wrote the blog and then Shane and I went to the library for the Lap Sit class they have. We were early because Shane LOVES the hello song - so much that we actually sing it at dinner every night - (Shane is here today, Shane is here today, everybody clap and say, Shane is here today) and goes crazy when his name is called out so I am always early. Anyways, one of the ladies asked if Shane was sitting up yet. I told her that I had just tried the other day and he was still falling over. I sat him up to demonstrate and he leaned quite a bit, but did not fall. Here is a picture taken the next day.

OK, I know he is on the couch and it may look like he is getting support from it, but here is video proof of him sitting up!

He now sits straight up and rarely topples over!
We saw my family for Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year), but I did not take many pictures! My camera was acting up and I did not take many. Here is one of Shane with my cousin Andrea who came over especially to see my sweet pea! I know Andrea had a fancy new camera and I am hoping she snapped a few pictures of Shane and her mom (my Aunt Joan.)

My parent's dear friends Bob and Lynn were over as well and Shane loved hanging out with Lynn! Shane is a huge flirt and he loved flirting with Lynn! She bought him the cutest White Sox outfit (yes, it is so cute that even a Cubs fan like me LOVES it) that we can't wait to put him in. Here is a picture of them!

The 20th was the Bruce Springsteen concert and Dan's parents so kindly agreed to watch Shane who was in not too nice of a mood when they arrived! Thankfully, once we left he settled down and had a great time hanging out with his grandparents. Since Dan and I were not there, there are no pictures. We sure do thank them for giving up their Sunday afternoon and evening and staying up so late so we could enjoy Bruce. It was a great show and unique in that he played his entire "Born to Run" album in the middle of the show. Unfortunately for me, it is not my favorite album, but I loved the rest of the show and Dan was excited to hear the "Born to Run" album. All in all, it was a great show and nice to get out!
In other weird news, people keep mistaking Shane for a girl when I am out with him. To me, he looks all boy and he is usually in very boyish clothing when it happens. For example, last week Shane was in brown corduroy pants and a red and brown striped shirt with a bear claw on the front and a woman asked how old my little girl was???? Anyway, I tell you this because my sister and her boyfriend Jason purchased a present for Shane when they were on vacation in Canada this summer. They kept forgetting to give it to us and we just got it on my birthday. It was for summer and a size 6 month so we knew we had to get the little one in it before too long. Well, he wore it on Saturday and for the first time, I though he looked a bit girly. I am sorry Shane. If you ever read this - you do not look anything like a girl, but the visor in this outfit... Well, I'll let you all be the judge.


On Sunday Dan and Shane got ready for the big Bear's game by suiting up in their very masculine jerseys. Shane was so excited to hang out with his daddy for the day! Here are some pictures of the boys - how cute do they look?





My parents also got him a summer outfit from their cruise so I put him in it on Monday when they came over for Yom Kippur. Doesn't he look so cute! Look at how well he is sitting up in the second photo!


Thanks to some pushing and prodding, I mean some gentle hints, from Kristine - we finally graduated Shane out of his baby bathtub sling and into a blow up ducky that sits in the tub. We probably should have done it long ago - I mean the sling only is supposed to hold 12 pounds and we all know that Shane is far heavier than that. He also LOVES the tub! Here is a picture.

And here is video of Shane loving his bath! Again, look at how well he is sitting up!

Sitting up has also allowed me to use my shopping cart cover (thanks Aunt Tina) and have Shane sit in the shopping cart! He loves it! I keep forgetting to bring my camera to take a picture, but I will next week!
Here are some random pictures taken of Shane in the past week. The ones in the orange outfit are one of his many Halloween outfits. This one says, "I Love my Mummy!" You will notice that our little brainiac is reading his first Halloween book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

2