Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall Fun!

Well, I have again been a bad blogger. I love doing this but my insane work ethic will not let me do anything I enjoy when there is work left to do. There seems to always be work to do, especially when it comes to my part time job... Anyway, on to the mane man! Yes, I purposely misspelled the word because Shane is going to be a lion for Halloween! His costume was worth every penny of the $50.00, yes, I said $50.00 dollars, we spent on it. It is also too cute to wait to post later in this entry even though I like to go in order. Anyway, here is our little lion!


See I told you he was cute! We took him for professional pictures in his costume as well, but i did not buy the cd so we can't upload those.
OK, back on track. October is a big birthday month in our family! It is my Dad's birthday, Dan's mom's birthday, Shane's aunt Geri's birthday, his cousin Tommy's birthday, and his "aunt" Kristine's birthday! Happy birthday to all! We started the month at my parent's house celebrating with my dad whose birthday is on the 1st. My dad had a cold so there are no pictures of Shane with him.

However, here is a photo of Shane getting ready to go to my parents! Check out the adorable shirt, which truly says it all! He sure is a big deal! Also, look at his adorable winter hat! It is a puppy dog head with floppy ears! I love it!


On October 3rd Shane headed to South Bend for his first game in Notre Dame stadium. Yes, he needed a ticket! Unfortunately the weather was not great. We purposely purchased tickets for an early October game so the weather would be nice. It wasn't. It was 50 degrees and cloudy for the beginning of the game, but we had to leave at half time when it started to pour! We decided that we will not buy tickets in advance next year, we will just pick a nice day and go down then. Here are some pictures of us on the way into the stadium - look how well Shane sits up on his own now! He looks like such a big boy!




Here are a few photos from our seats! We were in the last row of the stadium, but it was kind of nice. The wall blocked the wind and gave us something to lean up against! Shane loved making eyes at the ladies in the seats next to us - he is becoming a huge flirt!



Here is a last photo on our way out. The statue was too tall for me to get the whole statue plus Dan & Shane. Unfortunately, it is a statue of a coach who is being hoisted up by his players and the coach can't be seen in my picture! Oops! Actually, you can't even see Shane in the picture. I guess we were all tired, cold & wet by that point and didn't really care anymore!

Even though the weather was terrible, we had a great time at ND. Dan was so proud to have Shane there with him! It was too cute!
On October 12th we celebrated Dan's mom's birthday. We brought over Shane's Halloween costume because Dan's parents will be on vacation for Halloween so that is why he is wearing it in several pictures - we don't just put him in it every day to get our moneys worth! I promise! Here Shane is with his cousin Liam. How cute are they!!!!!

Here he is with Aunt Geri and Colleen! Look how handsome he looks in his Bears jersey!


When it was time to get in his pjs Colleen took him to the bathroom to play in the mirror! He loved looking at the handsome baby in the glass!

Finally, here he is with Grandma Carolyn and here she is blowing out the candles on her cake!


Shane and I spent a day at the Shedd Aquarium, which Shane loved by the way, with my sister and her boyfriend Jason's mom, Beverly, who was in from San Antonio, Texas (which is where Dan's parents are going on vacation). Whew! What a run-on sentence. I should really fix that... Here are a few pictures from the day!


Beverly was so sweet and Shane adored her - so did I! We had a great day! She brought some adorable presents for Shane from Texas! A cowboy hat, cowboy boots, a Texas A & M bib, and a bandana for his neck! It is too cute! I will get pictures up in my next post, which will not take me as long to put up!
Shane has spent a good part of the month doing what he does best - looking adorable. Here he is in a white sox outfit given to him by his "aunt" Lynn. He loos so cute in it and has worn it quite a few times already!


Here he is with his daddy hanging out and in his "I'm Batty for Daddy" Halloween shirt!


Shane is also sitting up like a big boy in his awesome shopping cart seat! People stop me all of the time and ask where I got it because it has these adorable pillows on the sides! Anyway, here are pictures of Shane getting ready to go shopping (OK, I just wanted to use this picture because he is so cute in it!) and a few of Shane shopping! Thanks again, Tina!! We use this all of the time!



In other news, Shane is clapping!!!!! Here is a video!

Because I have been working so much, my parents and Dan's mom have been coming over to help me out with Shane! Dan's mom will be here tomorrow!!!!!! Can you tell that I am excited! Here is a picture of Shane with my parents! I'll have some from his visit with Grandma Carolyn next week.


In BIG news for the month, we were in Peoria last weekend to watch Dan get his award from the Illinois Council of Teachers of Mathematics (ICTM). He won the Middle Grade Mathematics Educator award for 2009. We are SO proud of him!!!! It is a huge honor and he really deserves it! Dan loves to teach and he loves math more than anyone I know! His students are so lucky to have him! Here are some pictures from the night!



I was really worried about Shane since he goes to bed at 6:45 and the dinner didn't begin until 6. It was a large banquet full of math people & I was thinking that they would not have much tolerance for a screaming baby. Little did I know that it was me I had to worry about. As soon as we walked in the head of the ICTM asked me to say a few words and present Dan with his award. I was surprised, but assumed that they would be asking everyone that night so I wasn't too worried. Once the program got started, I realized that everyone else introducing the awardees was prepared. I was the only one who did not have a 3 page, typed speech. Oh well, I jotted some things down on a scrap of paper and things went fine. However, Shane did great! He fell asleep right at 6:45 and woke up really happy right before Dan got his award. I would normally not encourage Shane waking up, but it was really neat how he seemed to know that it was about to be his daddy's big moment. I know Dan really wanted him there for the award and he was there and awake. He was happy and making all kinds of happy sounds. That was great until the keynote speaker started and I figured everyone would want to hear him, not Shane. Shane and I spent the rest of the evening in the lobby. The dinner went until 10 and Shane was a true champ! Here is one more photo of Dan accepting his award!

On Sunday we topped off the big weekend with a trip to a Pumpkin Patch! We want to make it a tradition for Shane. He loved it! Here are some pictures of us when we first arrived. There are not a lot of smiles because we woke him up when he got there!



After getting Shane used to the place, we headed up to the petting zoo. Shane is starting to really like animals. Shane liked the animals and the baby calf really liked his jacket!



After the petting zoo we headed over to the train and met up with Shane's buddy Alex & his mom and dad - Cathy & Dan. Here are some pictures of the train ride which went around the pumpkin patch.




Here are some photos of Shane and Alex in the corn stalks!



Here are Alex and Shane in the pumpkin patch! They were so adorable!!!!




The boys had a great day! Here we are leaving the patch behind for another year!


In a final piece of exciting news, Shane went to the park to play for the first time! Dan and I were waiting for him to be able to really sit up on his own so he could ride in the swing and then when he did we had that string of bad weather! We finally had a nice week so we took him when Dan got home from work on Tuesday. Here is video of Shane swinging away! He had some female admirers at the park so they can be heard on this video clip. Shane loved the swing and was even giggling in the beginning, then he was a bit unsure, and by the end he LOVED it again!

Here are some pictures of the big moment!


Shane also enjoyed hanging out with the girls and going down the slide with Dan! It was adorable! You can even see him clapping in one of the pictures! Is Shane the best or what? Oh, and I almost forgot the best part of the day. While we were walking to the park Shane started giggling on his own in the stroller. We are pretty sure he was laughing at Thunder, but have no idea what was so funny. Shane is starting to really process things and make associations - it is amazing to watch. In fact, the last weekend Dan was watching football (surprise, surprise) with Shane and started calling out plays to Shane and then running with him. Trust me, it was odd even if you were here to witness it. Anyway, Shane LOVED it and was laughing and laughing. About 15 minutes later Dan took Shane into his room and rocked him for a few minutes before he took his nap. Dan was not saying anything and Shane starting laughing again on his own. We are pretty sure he was remembering the play calls. Amazing... OK, now here are the pictures...



I know I said I was done, but hey you've already been here 40 minutes, what is 2 more? Here are some adorable pictures from Shane's play date with Augie. The really amazing part of these pictures is the fact that I took them at all. You see, a mere 30 minutes before I fell down a step (don't ask) and broke my toe... Anyway, Augie and Shane are so cute together. They love to hold hands and share toys!



I will sign off for now and leave you with one more adorable picture of Shane!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2