Friday, November 6, 2009

Shane's First Halloween & more firsts!

Ok, let's start with the best part. Shane had another first holiday! His very first Halloween. I showed all of you his picture last time, but he was still adorable. Halloween was not raining, but it was cold. We were sure that we would have a million trick-or-treaters since Halloween fell on a Saturday. Last year we had over 200 and we almost ran out of candy. This year we bought tons of candy (12 bags) and had about 35 costumed and non-costumed trick-or-treaters. (By the way, that bugs me. If you are trick or treating you should need to wear a costume! I wanted to refuse candy but Dan suggested that would be a bad idea. I guess he was not in the mood to remove toilet paper from our trees.) Anyway, Shane spent trick-or-treating hours in his costume and the rest of the day in his 'My 1st Halloween' outfit. Dan's parents were out of town and my parents had dinner plans so driving out to Plainfield at 3 PM to see Shane in his costume was not feasible. Dan's parents saw him in costume before they left and my parents came over Monday and we put him in his costume again. Shane's 'Aunt' Debbie came over and spent some of Halloween day with Shane! She is an amazing friend who spent her whole day in the car in order to see Shane! She lives in Evanston and had to drive to McHenry to take her dog to acupuncture. Then she drove her pooch home and headed to Plainfield!
Here are some pictures of Shane on Halloween. Since Halloween was a Saturday, Shane and Dan spent some of the day watching college football, the only TV we have let him watch. Check out Shane's arms in the picture where he is on the floor. He is cheering so wildly that his arms are a blur!


Here is Shane looking adorable in his Halloween top!

Here he is with the pumpkin we picked out at the Pumpkin Patch. I know, we are so bad! We meant to carve it, but never got around to it... Oops!


Here is Shane passing out candy and hanging with Daddy! Dan dressed as a referee.


Here are the 3 of us!

Here are some pictures of Shane and Aunt Debbie!



Before Dan's parents left for their trip, Grandma Carolyn came to babysit for a day. I was able to get some much needed work done and Shane and grandma got a chance to play! We all had lunch together and Grandma Carolyn had Shane cracking up! Here is a video and a picture!

Since we are on the subject of grandparents, here is a great picture of my dad and Shane.

I know I promised more firsts, so here they are. Shane is pushing himself up on all fours and rocking. He will be crawling before we know it and before we are ready. We so need to baby proof!!!!! Here is a picture of him in his crib after a nap on all fours - he is sooo cute!

He has also been saying Ma Ma. However, he has been doing this for about 6 weeks. Why haven't I mentioned it? Well, I do not think he really knows what he is saying. I am including it today because every time I see someone and Shane says it, they make a huge deal out of it. We have it on our video camera, but we did not have any video of it on our regular camera (the only one I know how to use to upload to the blog) so I tried to get some the other day. What I got was not great, our son does not perform on command. Here it is though. He mainly does it when he is upset - Ma,ma,ma,ma,mamamamamamamama!!!!! - you get the point! He was not upset at the time so he did not put his heart and soul into it! When he is upset and calling for me, even though he probably has no idea what he is saying, it breaks my heart.

Shane and I met my good friend Jami and her adorable kids, Charlie and Lilli at Oak Brook on Tuesday. It was the first time Jami met Shane. It was so cool to see our kids together. I have very few childhood memories that don't include Jami since we grew up next door to each other and have known each other since I was born and Jami was one! I just need to convince her to move out to Plainfield! I forgot my camera, but Jami had hers! Phew!!!! Here are a few pictures from the day!



Augie came over to play again on Wednesday, here are some pictures of the boys!


Here are a few more cute pictures of my little man! I know the last one is a bit blurry, but look at how happy he is! That is how he is most of the day! We are so lucky to have Shane!!!!!


OK, last but not least - we have a favor - we need a babysitter at our house (Shane needs routine and goes to bed by 6:30) the Friday after Thanksgiving. One of Dan's students is celebrating her Cotillion and we were invited. We would need a sitter from about 4:30 to 8:30 or 9. Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

2