Sunday, July 5, 2009

Shane's first 4th of July







Shane's first 4th of July was not his happiest day. In fact, after hours of screaming interrupted only by a short nap, we were all wondering if Shane could be teething. I don't think so. He was back to his normal happy self today, but I plan on asking the doctor when Shane goes in for his 4 month check up on Friday. The weather really dampened (literally!) everyone's mood and our plans for an outdoor celebration. Some of our neighbors that were supposed to stop by didn't, Dan's plans for a bags tournament did not happen, and it just did not feel like the 4th of July with all of the rain and the cool air. I had to put a long-sleeved onesie under Shane's shirt and a long sleeved shirt under my T-shirt as well. The weather coupled with Shane's mood (did I mention how unhappy my sweet pea was???) made the 4th of July feel like the 4th of November. The nice part of the day was seeing some great friends and family. Both sets of Shane's grandparents made it out (see pictures), so did Kristine and Connor (note the cute picture of the boys - Connor gets more handsome every time I see him! The photo I took of Kristine and Shane shows a screaming Shane so I am not posting it.) We were also glad to see our good friends Dave and Maria (I am including a picture of Shane with them.) We also got a nice-ish family photo. I say nice-ish because while we are all looking at the camera, we are not all smiling---Shane! Dan also took some great pictures of Shane today that will have to wait for another post. My Shane is becoming a real Daddy's boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2