Friday, July 10, 2009

4 Months!!!!!








Shane is 4 months old today!!!! It seems like he has been 4 months forever to me, but Dan is always explaining that weeks and months are different. Shane will be 18 weeks on Tuesday, but he is 4 months today (7/10/09). I do understand the logic of it, but...
This is also the day - 1 year ago today - that I found out I was pregnant with Shane! I took the pregnancy test in the middle of the night and woke Dan up at 3 am screaming, "We have two lines!!!!!" Dan had no idea what that meant at 3 am, but I soon explained that it meant we were having a baby! I can hardly believe that baby is here and 4 months old!!!!
Shane had his doctor visit this morning and the doctor said he was doing great! He is a chunker weighing in at 17 pounds and 4 ounces! He is in the 90th percentile for weight. The doctor said this is great because he is getting plenty of nutrients to grow his brain! He also said they love to see "screw on hands!" That is exactly what Shane's look like! Dan and I often say they look like he has a rubber band held tight around his wrist! Shane is 24 and 3/4 inches long (close to the 50th percentile.) He can start rice cereal soon and stage 1 baby foods just prior to his 6 month check up. He had a great day after his visit and was not even cranky from his shots! Colleen had volunteered to babysit for Shane tonight so Dan and I dropped him off and went to dinner and a movie!!!! THANKS, Colleen!!!!!! We were so happy to have a break and know that Shane was in great hands! Liam even read stories to Shane before he went to bed! Liam is awesome with Shane and so adorable!!!! Liam and Colleen came over and spent the afternoon with us on Wednesday. I am including a picture of them with Shane.
Yesterday we took Shane to his first baseball game. It was a White Sox game - note the empty seats everywhere! I actually took a picture of Shane crying (he was hungry) when we got to our seats and was going to put it up and explain that he wished he was at Wrigley Field watching the Cubs, but I didn't because Shane really loved his first game! He was so good that we stayed until the 9th inning! The Sox even gave him a certificate noting his first game and the date! Dan's Assistant Principal, Robert, was at the game and hung out with Shane for a while (see pic.) You will see that I am including a picture of him in his cute Cubs overalls, just to be fair and balanced! There is another short video of Shane at the end of this post!
PS- look at the picture of Shane in his Bruce Springsteen onesie with his daddy! That was the first outfit we/I bought for Shane. I gave it to Dan for his birthday last year! I can't believe Shane is finally here and able to wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2