Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Laughter






I know I have not blogged in a while. I think it is because Dan is home. For some odd reason, I seem to have less free time now that I have another pair of hands here. How is that possible?
Anyway, I know I have a lot to catch up on, but before I post anything else I need to tell you that my little man laughed - I mean really laughed tonight. These were not the little giggles I wrote about before - this was full fledged LAUGHTER! He was laughing so hard, I actually had to make sure he was not crying! It was AWESOME! It happened while I was playing/tickling him. I have tried numerous times since to make him do it again and he hasn't. but I sure hope it will become his new thing! Did I ever mention how ADORABLE my guy is???? I never knew that I could love anyone like I love him! I am going to be in big trouble when this little guy learns how to talk because I can't ever imagine saying no to him! Can you just see the look on Dan's face when he returns home from work to find a pony in our yard?
Shane has been a busy little man since I last blogged. We were at a graduation party for Dan's cousin Eric who graduated from high school. I am posting a photo of Shane with Grandpa Bob taken there. Shane also has been spending some quality time with his daddy as I was doing some work for the National Board Certification program with the Teacher's Union downtown. Some of you may have received a photo of Shane crying in his Cubs outfit that Dan took when I was gone! You see, though we support both teams in our house, our true feelings emerge when the Cubs and Sox face each other in the Crosstown Classic. This year part of our bet was that we would dress Shane in an outfit from the team that won the day prior. The Sox won the first game and I dressed Shane in his Sox T-Shirt and snapped several adorable photos of him in it. The Cubs won the next game so I dressed Shane in his Cubbie blue and left him with his daddy for the day with instructions to take some cute pictures. Well, I came home and saw that though Dan did get some cute shots, he also thought it would be hysterical to take a picture of Shane crying in his Cub clothing. He sent out an email to some of his friends and family saying that Shane was upset about having to wear a Cub outfit! Typical Dan!! :-) We also had Father's Day at our house and speaking of clothes, Dan and Shane wore matching outfits. Dan found the outfit for Shane at Babies R Us before he was born and told me that he had one just like it. He wanted Shane and him to wear their matching outfits for Father's Day and they did! It was so cute!!!! We had Dan's parents, my parents, Jorie, Jason, John, Geri, Danny, Joey, Colleen, Bill, and Liam here. It was a great time! I really love our families! They are the best! The next day, we went to John and Geri's for dinner and Shane had a great time! I need to get Danny and Joey here to babysit - they are awesome with Shane! Yesterday, Dan and I went downtown to turn in our transcripts to the board of education to increase our pay now that our Master's is done! Dan will go up to a Master's plus 45 and I will be a Master's plus 30 when I go back. We left Shane with my parents rather than drag him all over the city with us. He had a great time with his grandparents! I only called them 6 or 7 times!!!! I can't help it, I missed my little bugger!!! OK, that is all for now - enjoy some pictures of the world's cutest baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2