Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Giggles






Yes, Shane giggled this week for the first time!!!! He is also consistently sleeping through the night! I can't even believe that I just typed that because I was sure the day would never come! He takes his last bottle between 9 and 10 and sleeps until 6:45 or so!!!! If something startles him in the middle of the night, like the thunder (not the doggie) last night, he can even put himself back to sleep! I have stopped making the extra middle of the night bottle because we now expect him to sleep through the night! Dan is always saying that he will have "guy code" with Shane and I am starting to think that Shane and Dan worked out a deal so Shane would start sleeping through the night just before Dan is off for the summer. Coincidence? I don't think so!
Tomorrow is a big day for Shane. He is going to his first baseball game! Unfortunately, it is a Sox game rather than a Cubs game. I am quite nervous about the whole adventure. It is going to be a long day for Shane and I can't keep his car seat with me so he will need to stay on our laps. At least if he fusses, I will know he is a true Cubs fan like his mommy! He has a few cute White Sox outfits, but they are all short outfits and it is going to be too cold for shorts. Hmmmm. I'll figure something out! Check back on Friday for pictures of the big outing.
Shane went for his 3 month pictures last Thursday. They took 2 hours!!!! You see, our little man is now really interested in/distracted by cameras. He can be laughing and smiling away and as soon as the camera is lifted up, he stops smiling. He doesn't cry, he just looks at the camera and won't smile. I really only want smiling pictures now since he is always smiling and getting those were a challenge. We did eventually get some, but it is like the ones I take at home - it takes at least 20 shots to get one smiling one. He also spit up in the middle of his pictures and I didn't have a back up outfit (I had a onesie, but nothing I wanted him photographed in) so we just took off his shirt! It was beach day at Sears so we took some shots at the beach backdrop since he was already naked! I am putting two on the blog!
Last Friday Bill, Colleen, and Liam came over for dinner. I had intentions of taking lots of pictures, but I forgot. I did get one of Shane and Bill and am including that one. We had a great time and I hope we can get together again soon!
On Saturday Kristine and Connor came over! We went to downtown Plainfield for lunch! Connor is getting so big and so cute! Of course, I intended on taking pictures, but I again forgot! They brought over more of Connor's toys and clothes for Shane and we are so thankful! Shane loves the toys and we love the clothes! We can never thank them enough!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2