Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mr. Smiley!




Shane is starting to really smile! He has happy time in the morning, as opposed to his evening scream fest, and I finally got some good smiling pictures of the little man! My camera seems to hesitate a bit between the time I push the picture button and the time it actually takes the picture so I feel like I am always missing the smiles! I think it may have to do with the lighting in the room. No sure... However, I finally captured a few this morning! He wakes up in a good mood, eats, and is happy to smile and play for an hour or so! It is my favorite time of the day! He is also pretty happy after his early afternoon bottle. On Thursday I took him for his two month pictures right after the second bottle and we got a few smiling ones! YAY!!! I know most people don't do monthly pictures, but Shane is changing so fast! I decided that I will use a good portrait studio for his 3, 6, 9, and 12 month shots and just use Walmart for the in between months. They run specials where I can get a one pose package for $7.99. I am holding myself to the one pose and one extra sheet and I got out of there for under $15.00 with my coupon. Dan was shocked that I didn't spend way more! I pick them up on the 15th and can't wait to get them! I had Shane wear the outfit he wore to the shower because he looked so cute that day and I hardly got any pictures of him.
Yesterday, I decided to take Shane on a walk to Walgreens which is slightly over 2 miles from our house - bad plan! The walk there was really warm and Shane was probably boiling in his car seat. The second we walked into Walgreens he started to scream! Not good. I took him out of the car seat (the car seat attaches to the stroller) and held him, but as soon as we had to leave Walgreens, he had to go back into the stroller. He screamed most of the 2 mile walk back home. I was sure that Dan would be home from work before we made it home because I had to keep stopping to comfort the little cutie. I have learned that an hour or so in the stroller is all that he is good for.
As if the day was not filled with enough excitement, Dan and I decided to take Shane to our favorite pizza place last night even though we knew his witching hours begin around 5 and do not end until 8 or 9. We were hoping that he would be so enchanted by all of the people and the kids that he would be good. Not so. The fact that he cried the entire way there should have tipped us off. When we got there Dan picked him up and he fell asleep in his daddy's arms. We thought we would be OK so we went in. Shane was fine while we got our drinks and ordered and he even let us have some bread. In fact, he was so sleepy in our arms that we decided to put him in the car seat - bad move! He woke up screaming and did not stop. Dan and I took turns eating pizza while one of us walked him around outside of the restaurant. It was not fun. In fact, he has been so fussy in the evenings that I started to wonder if he did do better on the Good Start formula after all. Dan and I stopped and purchased a weeks worth and we are going to take notes on how he does. I doubt it will help as I didn't think it helped last time, but I am getting desperate. I'll let you know what happens. I am looking forward to him reaching the magical age of 3 months when everyone tells us he will calm down. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

2