Friday, April 15, 2011

Long overdue update!

Sorry about the delay - life has just been crazy! Between my part time job (editing for National Board candidates - which is done for now!), watching our neighbor before & after school (this will go on until June...) and a stressful pregnancy, life has just been hectic. It has not stopped us from taking pictures of the cutest 2 year old ever, so here is what Shane has been up to!
We celebrated St. Patrick's Day with a lot of out door fun! It was a beautiful day - similar to the St. Patrick's Day right after Shane was born - it was close to 70 degrees! Perfect! Where is that weather today?
Anyways, here is a picture of Shane celebrating his first St Patrick's Day - it was 70 and sunny then as well - look how cute he was!!!

This year Shane and I headed to the park! It was our first time this spring and we played for an hour!










After playing in the park we headed home to make a St Patrick's Day craft! Thanks to Kristine for giving me the idea! We used air dry clay to make cloud like figures and Shane attached pipe cleaners into the clouds to make a rainbow. It turned out super cute and I have it displayed in our family room!


When Dan came home it was time for some celebrating! The boys enjoyed some green milk!


After a corned beef (yuck!) dinner which Dan loves, we were off to the park again!






When we got back from the park, it was time for Shane's annual picture in the giant green St. Patrick's Day hat - a tradition he no longer seems to love!
Here he was at 1 week old.

And here he is at 1 year and 1 week old.

And this year at 2 years and 1 week - he was fine with trying the hat on his head, but was not at all fond of being stuffed in the hat!




We were at my parents for dinner sometime after St. Patrick's day - not sure of the exact day. As usual, I forgot to take pictures until the very end, but here is Shane giving hugs to his grandparents and Aunt Jorie & Uncle Jason. To my sister's disgust (I am only half joking), he can actually say Jason now - we have not been able to get him to say Jorie yet, but we are working on it!




Shane has been loving spring (when we actually have a spring - more often than not it has been cool to cold - YUCK!) One of the things he loves the most is getting to wear light weight jackets - especially like the one that Aunt Joan & 'Uncle' Cy gave him for his birthday! HE LOVES THAT COAT! In fact, we have to hide it in cool weather so he does not beg for it! Once he gets to wear it, he never wants to take it off. Here are a few pictures of our little fireman!


Shane also still loves Elmo! We are trying to plan a trip to Sesame Place for this summer, but it will depend on how my pregnancy progresses. So far I feel great, but I will be at least 30 weeks when we go so we will see. I had a request that I post a picture of the Elmo cookies I made for Shane's party. I have one picture of not the best cookie, but it is all I have.

I feel like this post is so choppy, but I guess that is what happens when you get so far behind! Anyways, here is a picture I snapped of my parents walking Shane to the park. I love this picture! They did not see me take it and it is so sweet!

OK, speaking of sweet - look at my little man snuggling with his friends in his crib! He is such a little lover! I have never seen a child - except maybe me as a kid - who loved stuffed animals quite like Shane does.


OK, Shane has also been loving the basement - Dan could not be more thrilled about that! It has always been his dream to have a little boy to share his passions with. So far Shane is loving pool and is sure to become a little pool shark one day!



Besides pool and his stuffed animals - Shane continues to love his dog, Thunder. Shane and Thunder are best buddies. Shane wakes up in the morning and runs to Thunder yelling "Hi Tunder, Hi Tunder, Hi!!!" It is adorable! He also always hugs and kisses him hello and goodbye. Here are some of my favorite pictures of the boys in the past month.





We ended March with another birthday celebration fro Shane's cousin Liam who turned 5! Here are some pictures from the party! Shane got to help Liam open his presents. The picture of Liam in shock is when his parents gave him his new bike!




Dan, who loves new toys as much as Shane, put up Shane's play tent in his bedroom (because my house needed more bulky toys!) Of course, Shane loves the tent! Here he is playing in it & here is a picture of Shane and his daddy! How cute are my boys?



What else have we been up to? Dan took a day off last week just to have a fun day with Shane. We headed over to Monkey Bizness and Dan & Shane had so much fun together! Shane is one lucky boy to have a daddy like Dan! Here are some pictures from our adventure! The first is before we got ready to leave for the day! My favorite is the kiss picture!






Monkey bizness has an art room that Shane loves! He especially likes to paint! Look at how focused he is!



After painting, it was time for a little more peek a boo play with daddy and then we were off to lunch! It was a great day!



Shane is quickly learning to love to help out in the kitchen. If he sees me pull out the mixer he immediately pulls his chair to the sink for a good hand washing and then to the counter to help me. I measure the ingredients and he dumps them into the mixer - it is priceless! His favorite ingredient - eggs! Here are some pictures of my little chef in action!




Last Saturday night we met my cousin Susan and her husband Justin for dinner in the city and then we headed back to her house for dessert. Shane had a blast there! Again, I forgot to take pictures until the end of the night when Shane was exhausted and we were leaving, but here they are.


Sunday was such a nice weather day and we took advantage of the day with a picnic in the park - two parks actually! We just had so much fun! Shane even wore shorts!




Shane is really loving to read lately - he even reads to himself speaking gibberish and turning the pages, when he gets to the end of the book he says, The end." It is sooo cute!


OK, I need to end this post because it is way too long and Shane is awake from his nap! This week has also been great! Our new baby girl (yes, we are having a girl) had her anatomy scan and she looks perfect! Phew! Shane and Dan went with and Shane loved to say, "Hi doctor!" to the doctor - it was cute! On Wednesday Shane and I headed to the zoo with Kristine and Connor, but I left my camera in the car. Kristine took pictures and as soon as I get them, I will include them here! Shane loved the animals at the zoo and we had so much fun! He could name so many of them (rhino, hippo, bison!) It is so neat to watch his vocabulary grow by leaps and bounds!
Have a wonderful Passover & Easter! I will update with pictures from ours soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2