Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Elmo & other cold weather adventures!

Shane has had a busy month, but the highlight of it was seeing Elmo Live at the Rialto Theater in Joliet! We thought he would love it based on his love/obsession with Elmo and we were right! We went on a Friday night because tickets were only $10.00 per person versus $33.00 on Saturday afternoon. I was a little worried that Shane would be grumpy since the show started at 7 and he is normally in bed by 7:30. However, he was a trooper and seeing "La La" (his name for Elmo) was pretty exciting! Kristine and Connor went to the show as well and came over for pizza before. I think having his pal Connor with him made the show even more fun! Here are a few before show pictures. Yes, Dan is wearing an Elmo shirt! Shane got it for him for Christmas!






Once the show started and Shane realized that Elmo was right there - 3 rows in front of him - he was stunned! He sat mesmerized. Other than smiling and waving his arms a few times, he did not move for the entire first half of the show. He never once yawned or turned away. Me on the other hand, I was yawning away in my seat! Connor was so cute - smiling and pointing! He also had a blast! Here are some - ok many - pictures of the show!












I told you I had a ton of pictures! I had to keep myself awake! At intermission a man walked to the front of the theater with giant Elmo balloons for sale! Well Shane LOVES balloons and he LOVES Elmos so we had to buy him a $10.00, yes I did say $10.00, balloon. He loves it! It no longer has any helium left, but he is still dragging it around with him! He actually fell asleep on the way home from the show with it held tightly in his hands. I am trying to get it away from him now so I can hide it and have it refilled for his birthday. We are thinking of an Elmo theme for the big 2!

Dan and I switched seats for the second half of the show and Shane sat on my lap! It was way more fun to watch the show with Shane on my lap. I could feel his happiness and excitement which made me happy and excited! Translation - much fewer yawns! Here is a picture that Dan took of me and my cutie pie.

The following weekend was Connor's 3rd birthday party! It was at the local park district and it was so nice! They had an inflatable filled with balloons, games, and cake! Shane had a blast! I wish Plainfield offered the park district facility for birthday parties, but they do not. Anyways, Connor's party was great! Shane started out a bit shy so Dan went in the inflatable with him, and caused more trouble than all of the kids! Yes, Dan is a big kid! It did help Shane to have Dan inside and they both had a great time! Here are some pictures from inside!





After the inflatable, there was time for games and cake! How cute is Connor? Adorable!!!!





Before we left the party there was an attempt to get all of the children to stand together for a picture. Unfortunately, by the time I got my camera ready, Connor had already taken off!

After the party we headed for a visit to Dan's parents. Shane had a blast playing with his "Papas" (Yes, he is still calling both sets of Grandmas and both Grandpas Papa). Dan's mom got a quick camera lesson and was able to email me these pictures that I took using her camera! Note to my Dad, she did this with relative ease! You may want to call her for a lesson!


My parents were here playing with Shane yesterday, but I forgot to take pictures and they forgot their camera. Oh well, next time! They brought Shane a great puzzle and he has already mastered it. He really likes puzzles!
Yesterday morning when Shane was getting dressed (Actually I was dressing him), Thunder came over and laid down next to Shane! Shane was so excited to have him there - here is the picture of these best buddies!

OK, I am done and this post only took an hour! YAY! I need to remember to update more often! Shane wants to wish his cousins Jack & Sarah & his Auntie Debbie a happy birthday this month!

1 comment:

2