Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day!!!

Last year Shane and I celebrated Earth day for the first time. My contribution to the holiday was not showering for days on end due to exhaustion. Shane was so tiny and he refused to sleep anywhere but in my arms! It was a rough time! Here is a picture from last year.

This year, everything is different! Shane and I celebrated Earth day by enjoying the great outdoors and while I did shower, we try to recycle everything that we can, turn off lights, & grow our own summer veggies. When I started to get Shane ready for bed, I realized that we never took a picture with the Earth globe - so here it is!


I can't believe how big our baby is getting! That globe looked mammoth in size next to him last year, this year he is so much bigger!
Last weekend Dan and Shane had some major male bonding time as I had a Bachelorette party for my cousin Melissa and one of her shower's the next day so I did not see Shane or Dan much at all. I had heard that our library was having a 'Where the Wild Things Are' program on Saturday and I thought Shane might get a kick out of it. Dan happily agreed to bring Shane to the library where one of the librarians asked, "Is this Shane? You are not the usual parent we see him with." Dan was so proud to be there with him, but when it came to getting a kick out of the program, I guess I was wrong... Here is the picture of Dan and Shane with a 'Wild Thing' - this is as close as they could get!

Monday we were back to our normal routine and Shane loved hanging out on his rocking horse & rocking the day away! Thanks, Grandpa Irwin & Grandma Judy, he loves it!


On Tuesday we went to the grocery store and I found a giant bin of balls! I remember being a kid and going to Toys R Us with my parents at the beginning of summer to get a new ball! It was so fun to look at all of the colors and pick the ball that would endure endless hours of kickball, four square, and tossing around. I stood looking at the bin of balls in Jewel and wondered if Shane might like one. Then I decided the $1.99 price tag made it a good risk to take! Next came the decision, would he like a solid color or a swirl? Green or blue? Frankly, he did not seem to care, so I chose one for him and we headed home to try out his new toy! He LOVES it!!!! Check out the video and pictures!



Yesterday we went to Lapsit at the library and then out to lunch with Cathy & Alex and Anna & Augie - it was a blast to see the boys all eating together. I did not have my camera, but Augie is coming over tomorrow while his mom works so I'll get some pictures then.
Today we went to Grandma Carolyn's for the day! We checked out the way she rearranged the guest bedroom & we love it! Next, we headed to the park and from there we walked to a diner for lunch! Shane had a blast and we loved spending the day with her! Here are some pictures from the park! I love the one at the swing!




When we got home, we enjoyed the beautiful day some more and Shane crawled and walked around outside! He can't yet walk without his car, but he is getting close! Here he is with his car! The video shows how good he is getting at walking!



He also loved crawling throgh the grass and up and down the driveway - his pants were filthy, but he had fun! It was Earth Day after all!


Then Daddy Came home and Shane was so happy to see him! I love the shot of Dan throwing Shane up in the air! He was having SOOO much fun!


That is all for now - I'll be back soon! Shane wants to wish his Grandpa Irwin a speedy recovery from his stomach infection! We all love you! Enjoy the rest of your Earth day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2