Sunday, March 7, 2010

Almost 1!

I can hardly believe that Shane will be ONE this week - where has the year gone? I am going to try and post some pictures on his birthday so I will leave most of the reminiscing for the 10th, but WOW I can't believe my little man is going to be one! In some ways, I feel like he has been here forever & I wonder how I ever lived without him. In other ways, it feels like he was just born yesterday!
Anyway, on to life since I last blogged! Well, I have been crazy busy with my editing work. I am counting down the days until I am done - mid April! I can't wait to have nothing to do but take care of Shane and the house! We are also busy planning Shane's birthday bash next weekend & enjoying the thaw outside!
We celebrated Dan's Dad's 75th birthday last Saturday - his birthday was Monday, but the party was Saturday! We all met at a restaurant and had a great time. Shane loved hanging out with his family and he especially loved the cake! The food was delicious and it was great to see family! Here are some of the many pictures from the day. I had trouble with the lighting in the room - it was dim so the pictures either have us all with devil eyes or they are dark. Aunt Jeannie gave Shane some garlic toast and he LOVED it! Here you can see Jack and Grandma Carolyn, Shane chomping away, Megan, Bill & Liam, & Danny & Tommy.





This next set of photos includes the birthday boy - Grandpa Bob & Colleen, a picture I love of Shane & Dan, Grandpa Bob & Uncle John, Great Aunt Margaret & Great Aunt Bernadette, & Uncle John & Great Aunt Geri.





And then there was cake!!! As you can see by the three pictures of Shane - he likes to eat. He especially likes cake! He ate his whole piece and half of mine! You can also see a picture of Uncle Bob and Jack and Grandpa Bob relaxing after his big meal!





And more pictures! Here are Grandpa Bob and Grandma Carolyn by themselves and with their favorite grandson (It's my blog - I get to say that), Colleen, Jack & Shane, Grandpa Bob with his 3 sons & Aunt Jeanne & Megan discussing all of the great gifts Grandpa Bob got!





This is the last round of party pictures! Here is Grandpa Bob with his sister and sisters-in-law, and all of his grandchildren - plus one great grandchild (Liam), Liam by himself (how cute is he!) and finally a picture of Dan & his mom!




The party was a great time! Shane loves his grandpa very much & can't wait for his next birthday (and more cake!)
Last weekend I realized that February was almost over - I know, no great shock - and I had no outside winter pictures of Shane in the snow. With the weather starting to thaw and our winter wonderland melting faster than a popsicle in the summer, we got Shane outside ASAP. The poor little guy was thrown in wet snow and asked to smile. He liked it enough and we got a few good pictures of his first winter.



In other news, I think Shane truly is starting to think he is a dog! His new trick, taught to him by Thunder, is to carry his toys in his mouth as he crawls! Here are the pictures I took of my little puppy!


On Tuesday Shane's buddy Augie came over to play! The boys have a great time together& play so nicely. Augie is 15 months and walking up a storm. I told him he needed to teach Shane to walk & he's working on it!

Here Shane is sharing! Mommy likes to see that!

And here is is trying to use Augie to help him stand up! If you can't lean on your friends, who can you lean on?

Here is just one of Shane looking adorable!

Dan came home from work on Tuesday with a box of 4 brownies from an amazing bakery for Shane! The teachers at Dan's school are so amazing to us! Another teacher had books for Shane's first birthday! Anyway, back to the brownies. We froze 2 - Shane can only eat so many and I did not want to eat them myself! Shane LOVED the brownies! Between the birthday cake last week, the brownies, and the ice cream we got him yesterday at the train restaurant, he is more than ready for his birthday cake! He has a sweet tooth just like mommy and daddy! The pictures show different outfits because he had brownies 2 nights in a row! The first night he had brownie in the middle of his dinner (Dan finished before Shane and I did & got out the brownies) - how dumb was I to think that he would eat applesauce after brownies? By night 2 I learned my lesson, no brownies until he finished his dinner!



Yesterday Dan and I met our friends Cathy and Dan and their son Alex at Choo Choo Johnnies. It is a restaurant where you sit around a counter and the food comes out in a train - http://www.choochoojohnnysfranchise.com/ It was adorable and Shane liked looking at the trains. He also like playing with Alex! He wore his train conductor outfit and it was warm enough for him to wear his Thomas the Train coat! I'd love to show you pictures from the restaurant, but we forgot our camera and so did Cathy. Next time. We did take pictures when we got home!


Thanks to all who emailed or called about our Sun-Times article! Don, Shane & I were really excited about it! Not a typo - the article called Dan by his right name, but the picture calls him Don! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

2