Tuesday, August 11, 2009

5 Months!!!!

Well, make that 5 months and 1 day! I meant to post this on the 10th, but I obviously did not! The week has been really busy and I am finding it hard to find time to blog with all of the fun that summer has to offer! It is almost impossible for me to believe that my baby is already 5 months old! Our first call of the day on Shane's 5 month birthday was from Aunt Joan wishing him a great day! We are so lucky to have her!!!!! She shared with us that Shane's cousin Eric became a master chess player at only 15! We are really proud of him and hope he can teach Shane one day!
The time is really flying by now! Shane is doing so many new things! He is starting to pass objects back and forth and reach for things he wants! Unfortunately he often wants what he can't have - the flowers Dan bought me today, my drink, his dirty diaper - you get the point! He is also laughing a ton! He loves music and songs and especially enjoys "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "The Wheels on the Bus" He gets so excited when we get to the part of Itsy Bitsy Spider that goes "... and dried up all the rain" since I rub his belly at that part. He opens his mouth into a huge anticipatory smile right before we get there and it is so cute! He also likes it when we do silly things like say Boo, bop ourselves on the head, etc. However, he is not an easy laugher and what gets him cracking up, yes he actually cracks up, one day or one moment, does not elicit any response the next day or moment. He truly keeps us on our toes! I will get some video of this up for my next entry.
Yesterday we bravely went for his 5 month pictures! If you regularly read the blog you know why this was brave of us. You see, our happy baby refuses to smile at pictures. Last month had me barking like a dog in order to get a smile and this month was worse! I decided to bring along the big guns - Dan - who can always get a smile. I should say almost always! We got plenty of smiles from the photographer who was laughing hysterically at our antics, but not from Shane. Shane just starred at us like we had 12 heads. Frankly, he looked like he was humiliated to have us as parents! I can't imagine why he wouldn't smile. I was singing the Wheels on the bus and bobbing my head like a nut, Dan was leaving and entering the room while squeaking, "Hi Shane!", I shook his lovie at him while dancing so hard that the lovie no longer rattles, and Dan even started singing "Apple Bottem Jeans" (not sure if that is the correct song title, but if you know the song - you should know it from my psuedo title.) Thank goodness that we were not being videotaped! I spun around so much, I was actually really dizzy! Shane barely smiled at all and the pictures are not very good. Oh well! When he looks back at his childhood photos he will think he was one unhappy kid based on his professional pictures!
I have proof, though. He does smile! He also votes democratic!

In other exciting news - cereal is still not too popular, but it is getting a little better. No pictures this time. He now tries to grab the spoon which can be dangerous - think flying cereal! I think we get him clean and then I find it in his ear or at the back of his neck!
We went swimming last week with Grandma Carolyn! He loved her pool and loved spending the day with her! She loves to tell him that he is her favorite!!!! Just kidding! I know she loves all of her grandchildren equally! Here are the photos from her pool! We can't wait to come back! After swimming we went back to their condo and had dinner with Grandpa Bob! It was a great day!



On Friday I went to Jorie's school to help her get ready for the year and Shane and Daddy hung out for the day! They had a great time and it was fun for me to be in a school again, if only for a day!
On Sunday Dan's friend Rob cam over for dinner! He got a chance to meet Shane and it was great to catch up with him! Shane loves meeting his Dad's friends! Here is a picture of Rob and Shane! Thankfully, Shane is too young to understand Rob's stories about Dan's past! We will need to buy him some ear plugs and learn to talk in code when Shane is older. For example, the stories of underage partying will need to become stories of teenage volunteering at the old age home! You get my point!

On Monday we set up the pool that Colleen and Liam left for Shane and Kristine and Connor came over for a dip! Actually, I should correct that. Shane and Dan and Connor went in the pool, which we filled with the freezing hose. They looked really cold so Kristine and I chose to skip the dip. Can you tell how cold Dan is in the pictures? He is a true trooper to get in the pool!





Today, Shane and I went to the class at the library with Cathy and Alex again! I meant to bring my camera and will next time! Alex is a cutie and both boys love the class! We went for another walk afterward! It is great to meet more mommies with kids Shane's age! Obviously, the library is rubbing off on my brilliant baby - look at what he did this morning! Thankfully, he already likes to read more than his daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2